Vostosun could provide powder or raw ore of barite (BaSO4) with Mohs hardness 3~3.5, specific gravity 4.2~4.5. The color and size of barite powder have many choices, like 80 mesh, 100 mesh, 200 mesh, 325 mesh, 400 mesh, and white, gray, pink, buff, etc.
| Test items || Test method || Test results |
| Specific gravity || SN/T0480.6-1995 || 4.21 g/com³ |
| Hg || SN/T3511-2013 || ＜0.01mg/kg |
| Cd || SN/T1325-2003 || 0.22mg/kg |
| As || JY/T015-1996 || 37.22mg/kg |
| Fe || JY/T015-1996 || 0.54 |
| Pb || JY/T015-1996 || 396mg/kg |
| whiteness || SN/T0480.6-1995 || 50 |
| Water soluble alkaline-earth metals (in Ca) || SN/T0480.9-1995 || 26.62mg/L |
| 200 mesh || SN/T0480.2-1995 || 99% |
| 325 mesh || SN/T0480.2-1995 || 95.64% |
| BaSO4 || SN/T0480.5-1995 || 91.82% |
- Barite powder with fineness >325 mesh, specific gravity >4.2 can be used as drilling mud weighting agent.
- Barite powder can be used as white pigment for paint and painting pigments.
- Barite powder can be used as raw material for BaO, BaCO3, BaCl2, BaSO4, Ba(OH)2, etc.
- Barite powder can be used as filler to increase film thickness, strength and durability in painting industry.
- Barite powder can be used as filler in paper making, rubber and plastic processing.
- Barite powder can be used as mineralizer in cement industry.
- Due to the ability to block x-ray, barite is applied to make barium cement, barite mortar and barite concrete, which can serve as a substitute for metal used as shielding material in nuclear reactor, and it is widely used in laboratories, hospitals and power plants for x-ray shielding.
- Barite powder can be used as paving material to prolong the service life of pavement.